Volunteers Are Our Lifeblood
The Altadena Historical Society is operated by volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. Our volunteers share a healthy curiosity about history and a commitment to preserving Altadena’s past for future generations. We enjoy working and learning together in a professional, congenial environment.
Volunteers do it all:
- Welcome and assist visitors.
- Help with community events
- Research the archives to answer residents’ inquiries.
- Add to and maintain digital and paper files.
- Help with data entry
- Scan photos and documents.
- Coordinate member communications
- Provide programs for schools and community groups.
- Archive newly donated items.
We try to march each volunteer with a task or project that makes the best use of his or her abilities and interests. We hold training sessions as needed and take occasional field trips to historical sites such as Caltech, Heritage Square, The County Hall of Records, and the Lanterman House. Of course, making new friends is a fringe benefit of volunteering. We look forward to meeting you.