Built in the early 1930s by unemployed Altadenans under the flag of the Works Progress Administration [WPA], the Davies Memorial Building was named in honor of Altadena booster William D. Davies.
|Photo taken during construction.
The building was completed in 1934.
The rustic lodge-like two story structure, built with native cobblestone, cost about $50,000.
|Postcard of the Davies Building
shows grass lawn, before the
amphitheater was built.
|The building today -except for
outdoor seating and a stage,
not much has changed.
|The Davies Building is located in
Farnsworth Park, near the top of
Lake Avenue, at Concha St.